Satchhari National Park is located in Chunarughat upazila of Habiganj district of Sylhet division. This park of 243 acres is located in Habiganj, 55 kilometers southwest of Srimangal. Although less popular than the Lauyachara National Park, the number of trees and animals of this park is much higher than that of the Lauyachara National Park and human intervention in this garden is less. The place has been named ‘Satchhari’ since the seven rhymes here. Among the animals of this park are the hill gibbons, Mesobag, Boopakhi, Woodpecker, Dhanesh etc.
How to go
How to go to Habiganj and Chunarughat from Dhaka has already been announced Going to Habiganj, you can go to the park with rickshaw or local transport.
How To Reach: Srimangal Upazila
1. Shaymoli Paribahan:
Head Office, 25 / B-1, Khilji Road, Mohammadpur, Shaymoli, Dhaka, Phone-9124139
Kalabagan Counter, Dhaka, Ph-9141047, 0171-1130862
Uttara Counter, Abdullahpur, Dhaka, Phone-0171-2839111
Kalyanpur Counter, Dhaka, Phone-9003331
2. Green Line
9/2, Outer Circular Road, Momen Bagh, Rajarbagh, Dhaka, Tel: 8331302-4, 8353004-5
3. Hanif Enterprise
22/3, Block-B, College Gate, Dhaka, Tel: +8802 9008480
Where to Stay
Sreemangal Tea Resort:
Accommodation: Bungalows BDT 3,500-5,500, Suites BDT-3,500 / -, Ip rooms BDT-2,500 / -. Have to add 15% VAT & 7% Service Charge
Address: Bangladesh Tea Board, Bhanugach Road, Srimangal, MauloviBazar.
Hotel Tea Town:
Accommodation: Deluxe non A / c BDT 1,000-1,250, Couple BDT 1,350 / -, Suite BDT-1,550-1,850 / –
Have to add 15% VAT & 5% service charge
Address: Dhaka Sylhet Road, Sreemongal.
3. Grand Sultan Tea Resort & Golf
Arman Khan (ACT GM), Sreemangal, + 8801730793552- (59)
Things to do
1. Bird Safari – If you visit Bird Safari, you will be fascinated by the beauty of different types of birds here.
2. Jungle Safari – In this jungle of huge size, you will be able to roam with romantic attitudes. This garden is also an ideal place for those who enjoy the journey to the forest. If you have a hobby to take photos then you have to come to take pictures of the natural beauty of this park.
There are several restaurants for eating at Chunarughat and Madhabpur.
1. 1st October to 30th April is the best time to visit this garden.
2. You can keep food and water with no restaurant in the park.
Note: You can also visit other interesting places of Madhabpur which include: Fruit Valley, Asia’s largest tea gardens (Surma tea garden), Baghasura Rajbari, memorial monument of Teliapara tea garden, Mazar Sharif of Hadrat Suleman Fatehajir etc.